Hangar A, LLC, a dynamic early stage technology start-up based in Chicago, is seeking a talented full stack Web Applications Developer to join our development team. Hangar A is developing the air cargo industry’s most advanced digital logistics platform focused on the end-to-end automation of moving air freight globally. The next gen platform allows shippers to schedule, track, and analyze their transportation supply chain, combining digital automation, process optimization, and state-of-the-art freight analytics to improve the speed and delivery of air freight shipments.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:
This position will be primarily responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of a highly scalable and flexible web application front end.In this front-end focused role, the individual must be capable of full stack development on both front end and back end components of the air logistics platform. Key areas of development include: Advanced search, behavioral and predictive modeling, route/cost optimization, dynamic rate management, API development, rights management, user administration and UI implementation. In this role, you will be working directly with other development team members and product management to evaluate market requirements, translate them into detailed functional specifications, and implement the underlying software tasks as defined and agreed, in close cooperation with product marketing and sales.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical background with a minimum of 5 years of software development experience. The ideal candidate should have directly participated in the development of production enterprise products using agile software practices with a heavily reusable, component-based, multi-tier service-oriented architecture. A demonstrated ability to“own” the front-end architecture and design of a sophisticated web application front-end is essential. The qualified candidate shall have the ability to deliver high quality code on-time and within established software standards.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
● Expertise in Front-End frameworks using Angular, React or Vue
● Experience migrating Frameworks
● Knowledge of multi-tier architectures and SOA
● Web Services - REST, APIs andJSON
● Experience with Python language skills using a Djangoframework a major plus
● Familiarity with behavioral tracking tools – GoogleAnalytics, Pendo, etc.
● Experience with production environments, deployment and AWS a plus
Must be self-motivated and able to work in a focused, fast paced and collaborative environment. Have passion for the product you create and be willing to push the envelope in terms of function, fit, and usability. Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment. Possess solid problem solving skills - able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution. Desire to be a key impact player - rolling-up the sleeves to do whatever it takes to deliver results at or above expectations. Strong communication skills and the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, to promote new ideas effectively.
● A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or closely related technical field
● Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related fields is a major plus.
WHY WORK WITH US?
● Hangar A provides an attractive startup compensation and benefits package to attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled and talented workforce. This position will include a competitive base salary, a variable bonus based on company performance, and stock equity ownership.
● At Hangar A you will get to participate in and help define the direction of an industry disrupting product that will be one of the first in the air freight logistics space.
● Hangar A promotes a healthy work environment by creating a space where high-achievers have the ability to excel. We offer flex hours, an open and creative work environment, and a culture of strong teamwork and collaboration.
To apply email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't see what you are looking for? Reach out at email@example.com